I'm Levon Basso and thanks for checking out SALTYCURES!
Like you, I have an interest in contributing to the world becoming a better place.
I believe that happy people lead more productive lives and create more good in the world.
And I believe fitness creates happy people...but I probably define "fitness" a little differently than most people.
I believe that fitness is about far more than just exercising and healthy eating.
While I absolutely believe that fitness involves taking care of our physical bodies, I also believe that taking care of our hearts, minds and spirits is just as, if not more important!
SaltyCures is a lifestyle brand and company that aims to create true happiness through encouraging and enabling fitness in its truest, most all-encompassing sense.
I help people do this through creating a healthier body and mind with my various fitness services.
I also help people create healthier hearts, minds and spirits through the work I do as a photographer.
And of course both of these vehicles to fitness are greatly enhanced by and infused with the beauty of Hawaii!
So...you like happy, right? Check out SaltyCures and all that it has to offer, and please let me know how I can help you!
A little about me personally!
- I like to think that I’m a nice person! If you see me around or online, feel free to say hi, talk story, or leave a comment (I’m also an introvert but don’t let that stop you - I’m always up for a smile and a hello!)
- I've been a lover of all things sports and physical activity all of my life. I played football, basketball and track & field in high school, and also had the opportunity of playing collegiate football and basketball.
- I earned an undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University-Hawaii in Exercise & Sport Science. I’ve been a certified fitness professional for almost 15 years. My certifications include Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) as well as Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) and Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) certifications from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
- I also have several years of graduate and medical school training under my belt with additional emphasis in the exercise sciences, human anatomy, osteopathic medicine, and more. While my ultimate goal of becoming a physician at the time was derailed by some unexpected turns in life, I learned a multitude of things during those years that have helped me and my clients tremendously in my current work!
- I've been a photographer my whole life...sort of. As long as I can remember, I've always tried to "nail the shot" and have had a deep appreciation for the visual beauty around me. In more recent years I have become more focused as a self-taught professional photographer and have enjoyed working in a variety of areas of photography.
- I love bringing together the best of the worlds of visual stimuli + physical inputs of exercise and nutrition and education to help create the total package of all-encompassing fitness for people!
- Last but not least (first and foremost actually!) - I love my family, my faith and the life we have been given here on earth to become our best selves!
Stay salty, my friends!